logo

logo

Monday, December 13, 2010

Cake pop decorating class



My friend Kathy co-taught a cake pop making and decorating class yesterday and I got invited!

The owner of Objects of Confection was the other class teacher. She brought us dozens of her cake truffles. They are ridiculously good. and rich. And I love rich dessert.

Kathy taught us decorating tips and techniques. She had a few specific ideas planned including a santa, penguin, and a snowman.

I've thought about making cake pops, but still haven't. I'm really glad I hadn't tried baking them before I went to yesterday's class because they revealed a few tips they've learned through trial and error. I'm pretty sure at least two of the common mishaps would have happened and I get pretty upset after spending a long time making something that goes wrong.

Here are some of mine from yesterday:

(santa featured up top)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Amy said...

Adorable!!!!

(K) said...

jealous! i still haven't tried this.