logo

logo

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Stuffed cow.

Photobucket

Two of my best friends recently had a baby girl, Riley. They live in Charleston (SC) so I haven't gotten to meet her in person yet. Last week I sent her a package of a few little things I made for her.

The cow should have been simple enough to make, but my sewing machine went nuts multiple times and kept getting caught on the fuzzy fabric. I ended up having to hand stitch quite a bit. I attached all the limbs before sewing the body in an effort to not have much visible hand sewing. This was a bit awkward because all the limbs (after being attached) had to be shoved inside the body tube while you turn it inside out to stitch up the side seams. It worked though.

Photobucket

Momma and Riley:

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Riley says "Thanks for all the awesome stuff, Aunt Monica!" Well... she would have said that if she could talk. We love it all and we love and miss you very much! Are you coming to visit us this summer?

-Danielle